Monday, July 28, 2008

Bleeding Green

I'm about to embark upon my first 4-H camping experience as a 4-H agent. I have been to 4-H camp before ... once as a camper (nearly 25 years ago!) and once as an adult leader (about 10 years ago). Now, I'm experiencing it as an agent, which I'm sure will be a totally different kind of camping experience.

In 4-H lingo, someone who is very into all things 4-H is said to "bleed green." I guess that describes me because in honor of my week at 4-H camp, I had my toenails painted green! (I'll either be the coolest 4-H agent or the goofiest one!) I tried to get the lady who gave me the pedicure to put a tiny four-leaf clover on my first toenail. I even showed her a picture of what I wanted. But she was Korean and didn't speak English ... so I got this cute five-petal flower instead. Oh, well ... I can just imagine it is a four leaf clover!



If you think of me this week, say a prayer ... for cool weather, good sleep and lots of fun!

1 comment:

Elysa said...

How fun! :D

BTW, I saw NIM'S ISLAND on your read-aloud list. I read a blurb somewhere that the author says she penned it when she was NINE years old! WOW!