Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ruby Gillis says when she grows up, she wants to have a line of beaus on a string and make them crazy for her. I'd rather have ONE in his rightful mind. said by Anne in Anne of Green Gables.

Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorite books, and hands down it is my all-time favorite movie. I've read the book at least 5 times (maybe more) and watched the movie at least one time a year. And yet ...

And yet, tonight, this is the quote that caught my attention. I laughed right out loud when I heard it, rewound to hear it again ... and again and again. For some reason, it just made me giggle.

From time to time I think about dating, but quite honestly the thought of it scares me. Until recently, I couldn't even let myself go to that place ... to think of giving myself emotionally to someone else was just not even something I could force myself to do. Now I can think about it, but find that if I think on it too long I begin to worry about who on this earth could possibly love me that way and what if I make a poor choice in picking a man to spend time with, etc. Truly, I can worry myself into quite a frenzy! So I still don't think on it much. But in my heart I know that there will come a time that I will most likely want to have a dating relationship with some man that I meet.

And while that day might be a long, long way off and I'm not yet even sure of what sort of man I'd hope to meet, one thing is most certain about that man... he definitely must be in his rightful mind. And it wouldn't hurt if he just happened to look a little like Gilbert Blythe as well.

No comments: