Wednesday, September 17, 2008

36 birthdays

Did you know that 36 is a special number? There are all sorts of interesting facts about the number 36, such as:

36 is a square number: 6 x 6 = 36.

36 is a trianglar number because 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 = 36.

36 is evenly divisible by 2, 3, 4, 6 ,9, 12 and 18.

William Shakespeare wrote 36 plays.

There are 36 inches in a yard.

36 is the number of degrees in the angle of all 5 tips in a perfect star.

The fruit fly is frequently used in genetic studies. It normally has 36 bristles.
Mutations may cause it to have more or less. Further breeding after mutations always
brings the number back to 36.

The probability of throwing double six on two dice is one in 36.

A beer barrel is 36 gallons ...not that I do much drinking or anything!

36 is the largest numeric base that some computer systems support because it exhausts the numerals, 0–9, and the letters, A–Z.

Many early computers featured a 36-bit word length.

36 is a perfect score on the ACT.




Yes, 36 is a pretty special number. Today I am officially 36 years old. I'm determined to make this birthday one that is full of joy and peace and anticipation for what wonders the future holds ... if for no other reason than because at 34 and 35 I was a woman who was worried, weary, worn and full of woe. (How's that for good use of alliteration?!) After nearly 2 years of sorrows, I want to celebrate feeling well and wonderful and whole again. It's a good feeling.

One last fact about the number 36 ... it just so happens that 36 is the atomic number for krypton. You know what that means: It's very likely that this is the year I turn into a superwoman! So look out, world! There's a brand-new 36 year old on the loose, and there's no telling what might happen!

4 comments:

Lifesong... said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of 36. I have come to love it here and will be sad when I leave... lol! 37 is just to close to 40!

Paige, have a wonderful new year full of hope and promise. My prayers are with you!

Anonymous said...

So I just have to know: did you research all those facts about the number 36?? :)

So glad you're you!!
xoxo

Paige said...

I hate to admit it but I did indeed research all those facts on the number 36. I know, I know ... a crazy waste of time.

Actually, I just googled "number 36" and several websites with facts about the number 36 popped up, crazy as that sounds! You really can google it all!

3 Sons said...

Happy Birthday! We were out of town last week, but I hope your day was very special!