Monday, October 6, 2008

My Dog is Miffed

Poor Jingle-Belle ... She's one rather put-out pup. Mostly, she has a bad case of hurt feelings and it is all my fault.

Nathan and I went "window-shopping" at a strip mall today, while we were trying to kill some time before his ENT appt. Nathan wanted to go into Pet Smart to look at iguanas because what he "really, really, really wants most of all" is an iguana. I told him that we were definitely only looking and certainly not buying. I kept my word. I did not buy an iguana.

However, I didn't say anything about not purchasing cats.

As my luck would have it, today was the day that the local humane society was showcasing their adoptable cats in Pet Smart. We somehow wandered over (only to look, of course), and wouldn't you know it ... this beautiful black cat simply stole my heart. She's a year old and I hadn't looked at her more than 2 minutes before I knew I was adopting her.

After Nathan's ENT appt, I drove back over to Pet Smart and got the little sweetie. She's loving and relatively calm and just as wonderful as can be... already making herself at home in the house and charming us all with her feline ways. Nathan wanted to name her Domino. I went with it because it was a cute name and definitely better than his next suggestion, Tar Baby. (Can you tell we've been reading some Uncle Remus stories aloud over the past month or so? )

So tonight, everyone is happy ... except for Jingle-Belle. She isn't nearly as taken with Domino as the rest of us in the house. In fact, tonight, Jingle-Belle decided to go sleep outside under the house. I suppose that she got tired of the cat because she asked to be put outside while the kids and I were working on homework and oohing over Domino's every move. Jingle-Belle hasn't yet asked to be let back indoors.

Oh, well ... I'm not going to lose any sleep over my dog's cold shoulder. In fact, I'm about to go cuddle in the bed with my kitty and dream sweet dreams. Maybe in the morning Jingle-Belle will forgive me!

No comments: