Friday, December 12, 2008

Silly Bedtime Conversation

This is the conversation I had with a very sleepy Nathan as I tucked him into bed:

Nate: Mama ... (long pause) ... What if we were in India ... (long pause) ... and our car ... (yawn) ... was suddenly surrounded ... (long pause and more yawning) ... by a lot of cobras .... (long, long pause) ... What would I ask you to do?

Me: Wow, what a scary situation! I really hope that never happens, but if it does what will you ask me to do?

Nate: I'd ask you ... (pause) ... to drive the car all over ... (yawn) ... the cobras .... (pause and yawn) ... and kill them, of course.

Me: Of course. That's definitely a good idea. Dead cobras are much better than alive cobras.

Nate: Wwweeeelllll ... (yawn) ... if you didn't kill them ... (long pause) ... then the cobras might decide to grab on to our car ... (pause) ... and take a ride. .... (yawn) ... We'd end up with cobras in Louisiana ... (yawn) ... and that wouldn't be good.

Then he turned over and pulled the covers over his little head.

1 comment:

Elysa said...

No, cobras in LA would NOT be good because it wouldn't be too far for them to slither their way over HERE! And then I might be having a similar conversation with a little guy at MY house!