Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Enough

Enough is my word for 2008.

So often I feel like I don't have ENOUGH of anything. There's not enough time or enough money. I don't have enough energy or enough patience. Perhaps I won't have enough ability to do my job well, or what if I don't have enough within me to be able to manage my kids, my job and my home well. It seems I always feel like I don't have ENOUGH of something.

And yet, the Bible teaches me that in Christ alone I will always have MORE THAN ENOUGH.

The definition that my dictionary gives for enough is "equal to meet the needs." How many times in the Bible are there stories of God abundantly providing much more than is necessary to meet the needs? When Jesus feed the 5000 with 2 fishes and 5 loaves of bread there were 12 baskets of leftovers! Or how many times is God's faithfulness demonstrated in providing consistently exactly what was needed exactly when it was needed? The Isrealites wandered the in the wilderness for 40 years, eating manna that they collected fresh every morning. It only lasted long enough for just one day, and yet each morning they had a fresh supply to get them through another day.

In my heart, I know that God will always give me exactly what I need, when I need it. I will never be lacking when I trust in Him. I just simply need to train my head to believe it as well so that I don't waste time fretting over not having ENOUGH.

ENOUGH is my word for 2008. This year I am trusting God to provide me with more than ENOUGh of everything I need.

No comments: