Saturday, March 1, 2008

J4's New Hairdo

J4 had longish hair. It was slightly past her shoulders, so that it was a nice length for a ponytail, but not too long if left down. This was the way I kept her hair ... the way I liked it just as soon as she had enough hair for me to start pulling up. She loved bows and ponytails and pigtails just as much as I loved playing with her hair. We were both happy ... or so I thought.

Then she turned 4 and something happened. Suddenly, little miss J4 didn't want me pulling her hair up into ponytails. She would take out barrettes. She stopped being as cooperative when I was trying to brush her hair. That hair was always hanging in her face and getting things (like food or playdough) in it. Washing it was a chore too.

So, I had it cut. I was nervous that I wouldn't like it short, but I think it is quite cute. I was even more nervous that J4 wouldn't like it. But it turns out that J4 loves her new bob, too (even though she isn't smiling in these pictures). When Pam (our beautician) twirled J4 around to look in the mirror the first time, she squealed and put her hands up to her face and gasped, "Oh, my goodness! I look great!"





These pics were taken the night she was in the Miss Paw Princess beauty pageant to support the local schools. Even though she didn't take home the crown, I thought she was incredibly cute ... esp. sporting that cute new hairdo.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks great! And she is just a cutie!

Beth had a similar hair cut at that age. And we some how managed to pull her hair in bows and such when she wanted that fix.

Jennifer said...

What a pretty girl! I love her new haircut...and we did the same thing with Rachel. We went with a shorter cut to save the mother-daughter relationship. LOL!