Friday, November 14, 2008

I know today is Tuesday

Last weekend, Julia was given several large bags of clothing by a friend of mine who has twin daughters several years older than Julia. So this past week, she had a glorious time wearing these "new" clothes.

Well, in this bag was probably 50 pairs of little panties. Now, normally I wouldn't probably go for sharing panties ... but these practically looked new and since I knew where they came from I felt okay about letting Julia wear them ... especially considering how enraptured she was with these undies. You see, I only buy solid colors or white panties. I don't typically indulge my girl in underwear with characters or sparklies or other little extras. But these panties had all the bells and whistles. There were glitter panties and sparkly panties and panties with words. There were princess panties and holiday panties. Every kind of panty imaginable! Julia was elated to say the least.

Every morning Julia had to sift and sort her way through the panties, debating over which wonderful pair to wear that day. On Sunday, we ate lunch with my parents after church. Julia was quick to run go show her grandparents her new panties. On Monday the kids were out of school, but I had to work. My parents watched the kids, and again Julia showed off her lovely panties to everyone. That night, we had a serious talk about how panties were private and that she could not show anyone her panties ... no matter how special or beautiful the panties might be.

On Tuesday morning we were running just a bit late. Julia, of course, was in the middle of panty choosing. As she was going through this very slow process, I happened to notice a pair of panties with a Disney character and the word "TUESDAY" written across the front. I grabbed them up and said, "Oh Julia! Look at these! These panties have the word Tuesday written on the front and today just happens to be Tuesday. You definitely need to wear your Tuesday panties today." Julia thought about that for about half a second before she agreed to put them on her little body.

According to Julia's teacher, that morning during the calendar circle the class was trying to figure out which day of the week it was. Julia was the only one who knew. She announced to the class, "Well, I KNOW today is Tuesday because I'm wearing my Tuesday panties!"

Oh, well ... at least she didn't lift up her dress and show them her Tuesday panties!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! LOL!

Little girls are truly a totally different pleasure than little boys!

rainydaymichele said...

Laughing out loud here, Paige! That is so cute. :) I can just imagine her being so excited over picking a pair for the day. :) With boys that don't care what they wear (well, I have ONE that does~LOL), it's sweet to read about your little girl taking such pleasure in her new clothes.

Much love~

Amanda Towne said...

That is hilarious, Paige! Too funny!

Steffi Kirkendoll said...

That is pretty funny! every girl should be proud to wear her Tuesday panties!!!!