Sunday, November 23, 2008

Nate Turns Seven!

Nate (yes, you read that correctly ... Nathan wants to now be known as Nate) is turning 7 on Thanksgiving Day. We celebrated with a party this afternoon. He requested a CARS party, so that's what he got. Even though normally I prefer to do anything but a character party, this one was actually fun to plan. Nathan came up with a lot of great and creative ideas, and that helped me get into the theme.

As always, the cake is an original creation made by me, with some guidance and assistance of the birthday child. Here are some pictures of our cake creation.









My favorite part of Nate's party was that our friends Stacie and Taylor drove over to attend. They came several hours early and we enjoyed a nice long visit before the party. Here's a picture of Nathan and Taylor playing with one of his new toys.



One quick story about my November baby ... Nathan was born Nov. 27, 2001. That year, Thanksgiving was on Nov. 22nd. The following year, Thanksgiving didn't fall until Nov. 28th. Nathan didn't celebrate his first Thanksgiving until after he turned 1 year old. Even so, I'm always glad the Lord saw fit to allow me to be Nate's momma.

No comments: